We welcome visitors with disabilities and those bringing pushchairs. If you need help with access, or have any questions, please let us know.
British Council Northern Ireland is located in the Boat Building, a modern office building beside Custom House Square.
- The nearest bus stop is Queens Square, 133m away
- The nearest train station is Lanyon Place Station, 0.5 miles away
The nearest drop-off point is outside the main entrance to the Boat Building
You can order an accessible taxi from Value Cabs.
British Council Northern Ireland does not have a car park.
The nearest public car park, Donegall Quay Car Park, is 77m away. It is pay-and-display.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Step-free access to the Boat Building is provided via the main entrance. The main door is accessible to wheelchair and pushchair users.
- The width of the main entrance door is 95cm.
- Easy wheelchair or pushchair access to the main entrance
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
INSIDE THE BUILDING
There is a customer service desk inside the main entrance. Staff at the desk can give you instructions on how to reach the British Council Northern Ireland office which is on the seventh floor and can be reached via stairs or lift.
- The width of the lift doors is 79cm
- There is a low-level customer service point that is suitable for visitors using wheelchairs.
- If you use a wheelchair, we will speak with you about a suitable emergency evacuation plan.
On the seventh floor there is an entrance to the British Council Northern Ireland office reception. Entry is via an intercom. The width of the reception door is 86cm.
The British Council Northern Ireland office is situated on one level on the seventh floor, with wide corridors accessible to visitors using wheelchairs.
- There are accessible meeting rooms in the British Council Northern Ireland office.
LIFT AND STAIRS
You can reach the seventh floor by lift or stairs.
- The lift is a passenger lift.
- The lift door width is 79cm and the buttons are within 90cm of the floor.
- The lift has Braille buttons.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The stairs have a handrail on each side.
Please contact us before your visit if you think the lift will be unsuitable for you so that we can make alternative arrangements.
Accessible toilets are available on all floors of the building and are suitable for people using wheelchairs. The width of the doors is 91cm and they open inwards.