A great, fun opportunity for students to practise and improve their Mandarin Chinese language skills.
Taking part in the competition:
- increases students’ motivation for learning the language
- develops vocabulary and improves pronunciation
- raises confidence for oral examinations
- encourages students to interact with their classmates
- inspires students to discover more about Chinese culture.
Northern Ireland heat
Northern Ireland schools will first compete in a Belfast heat at The MAC, Belfast on 27th November, before being put forward to the UK final. This heat is kindly supported by the Confucius Institute at Ulster University.
N.B. Schools are liable for own travel to the Northern Ireland heat. Travel grants will be available towards flights and accommodation for finalists travelling to London.
What is the prize?
A week in Beijing. Students will visit historical sites, interact with Chinese students and experience Chinese culture with the British Council, who have over twenty years’ experience in running cultural exchanges with China.
Applications for 2018/19
Applications for the 2018/19 competition are now closed.