Availability and format
The results from Aptis ESOL are available 48 hours after the date of the test. Please contact your test centre for more information on how to obtain your results.
The results from Aptis ESOL are presented in two ways:
- Numerical score: A score from 0 to 50 for each component
- CEFR level by skill: A CEFR level is allocated for each skill
- An overall CEFR level.
Preview a sample Aptis ESOL results report.
Understanding your Aptis ESOL result
Receiving your certificate
Please check with your test centre on timelines and ways of receiving your Aptis ESOL certificate.
Can I request a review of my result?
If you are not happy with your results, you can request your test to be re-marked for an additional fee. This service is known as Enquiry on Results.
How does it work?
- You may only ask for a re-marking of the entire test, and not for a single component.
- Grammar and vocabulary, reading and listening components checks are conducted by the system, to ensure they have been marked accurately.
- The speaking and writing components are re-marked by senior examiners. Re-marked test results are considered final.
- If your overall CEFR level increases after the re-marking, you will be refunded the full enquiry on results fee, and you will be issued with a new Aptis ESOL certificate.
- If your CEFR level remains the same or changes in a single component, but the overall CEFR level does not change, the fee will be retained, and you will be informed.
The outcome of the Enquiry on Results is considered final. The results from the remarking process will be available after ten working days.
How to submit an Enquiry on Results?
You can make an Enquiry on Results request at any point up to eight weeks after the test day. You should submit your Enquiry on Results request with the test centre where you took your Aptis ESOL test.
View the Aptis ESOL Appeals policy.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact your Aptis ESOL test centre.